Skip to main content

'I-me-myself'...

From morning to night and from night to morning all we think of is about 'i-me-myself', my career, my marriage, my bank balance, my social status, my fame, my family, my friends... perfectly normal right? Wrong. This 'my' thinking reduces our thought process to such a tiny level that we are always thinking of ourselves and thus our problems seem too big to us and we are unconcerned about things that are happening around us- things happening to our environment, our society, our planet and where things are actually heading....if only we could incorporate small things in our life- like keeping a bowl of water for the thirsty birds, or feeding a stray dog or a cow in our locality while going or coming back from work, helping any random person or animal in any way possible.. you will start to experience a change in your thoughts and no problem would seem too big. Dont believe me...perfectly fine.... try it out yourself!!!

Also take a moment to think.... we spend every day doing almost the same routine and keep on doing the same things the whole of our life. Isnt that a little weird? Is this all what human life has to offer? 7 billion human beings on the planet living more or less similar lives ... Or is there more to a human being which one is yet to explore? A normal human being has 5 senses - the sense of sight, sound, taste, smell, touch. And we are busy indulging in these. But what if someone tells you a human being has a potential to have upto 16 senses. If experience of 5 we enjoy so much how would it be to have all 16?!!!!

"A human being has a total of 16 senses, some of the commonly known ones are clairvoyance, clairaudience, extra sensory perception and premonition. These remain dormant in an ordinary being for he spends his limited force on the pleasures of the five senses, which are temporary and short-lived. A yogi is able to awaken these higher senses by conserving sukra through yog in its pure form, not as taught by the majority of commercial gurus who focus on the body and physical desires or bhog. A physical desire is temporary and will finish very soon; for example, we very easily tire out of one computer game and want different versions. It is played using the same remote and the same commands, even the actions are the same; yet we desire more, our eyes tire and we look dazed. Ageing in the human body corresponds to this. The human body is temporary, a part of the physical world and thus has to perish. It is up to us whether we want to make our lifetime count or be wasted by being trapped in the temporariness of the physical world." -Yogi Ashwini

Comments

  1. Great post......It shows thinking in depth......Thankx for sharing.......
    Sonal Kalra

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

difference between ‘meditation’ and dhyan?

"The difference between meditation and dhyan is that between shoonya (this is not to be confused with shoonyata, here it refers literally to zero) and poorna . Dhyan is state of complete awareness-inside and outside- it is a Poorna state, whereas meditation is a big zero. In meditation what a person does is he/she thinks of a certain thing and therefore it is basically no better than day dreaming, where as in dhyan you are aware of everything .Swami Satyananand Paramhans (Bihar School of Yog) described meditation as a ‘moodh ’ state or a lower state. Now a days, the subject of yog and tantra have been totally misrepresented. I was watching a programme on a ‘spiritual’ channel and there I saw a very elderly woman sharing her thoughts on ‘spirituality’. So I thought let me listen into what she has to say. After her discourse she made the viewers do dhyan and sat herself in dhyan as well. When it was over, she came out with some sort of jerk in her body. Anybody who knows the st

Animal Welfare Initiatives

Protecting the weak and helpless, be it a plant, an animal or a human being, is a #dharma of every single human being and #dharma is the lifeline that keeps the creation going... says Yogi Ashwiniji. thats why.. Animal Welfare forms an integral part of the many service initiatives that #DhyanFoundation  has undertaken to help aid creation. The volunteers rescue, rehabilitate and take care of any animal in need, and have started dedicated programs for cows, dogs, monkeys and birds.  Know more: http://www.dhyanfoundation.com/causes/animal-welfare.php Feed A Dog Help a Monkey Save A Cow Befriend A Bird

Gyan Vs Knowledge

"There is a huge difference between knowledge and gyan . Let me give an example. When I was appearing for my class 10 exams, I found that as it is I am bad in maths apart from that I was weak in Geography as well and in our school whoever used to fail in two subjects used to fail in that class. So I still remember that I memorised the whole book, chapter-wise and in the exam for each question I wrote the entire chapter. So ultimately the examiner must have thought that I have written so much (even though irrelevant) that he gave me passing marks- exactly 33 %. So, you may know entire chapters on Yoga but the  gyan  will still not be there. When you do yog or  dhyan ,  gyan  comes to you constantly. As you progress  Gyan  comes to you step by step. When you receive  gyan  you take one step, then you receive more gyan and move to the next step and so on and so forth. This progress is not dependent on time. Gyan will come to you only when you are connected to your Guru; without thi